The Gas Guy here. Welcome to our new website and my new blog. I’ll be here every month giving you news and information as I see it. Like the insurance commercials say, I know a thing or two because I’ve seen a thing or two—the only thing here longer than me is the company itself. Minneapolis Oxygen has been around since 1946 offering gas supply and service that you can rely on.
Over the years, we’ve grown, expanded capabilities, and have gotten to partner with a lot of great customers in a variety of industries. Since we launched our last website, much has changed. We decided it was time to give our site a new look—contextually, visually and functionally. We’re excited to share how far we’ve come over the years.
Two Sites Are One Site
The new Minneapolis Oxygen website has two sections: informational and an e-store. Whether you came to our site to learn about medical gases or shop for a new welding helmet or to read this massively enjoyable blog, you’ll find it all effortlessly.
Organized to easily to find what you need, this section is where you can find information on:
- Our locations
- Industries we serve
- Gases and applications
- Repair services
- Rental equipment
- Welding products and safety gear
- Bulk and micro-bulk gas systems
- Cylinder sizing charts
- Case studies/customer success stories
- Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Becoming a customer to order online
This section is for our customers. You’ll definitely want to be a Minneapolis Oxygen customer when you see how easy we are to do business with. Here are the main features of the e-store (e-commerce) side of the new website.
- Easy account registration for existing customers
- Online ordering for customers with e-store accounts
- Ability to use order lists to simplify the online ordering process
- Ability to easily setup order lists using past order history
- Ability to see stock levels at different locations
- Ability to request special order items
- Easy account inquiries like balance, order history, aging, and credit limit
- Ability to see current cylinder balances
- Easy access to view and download past delivery tickets, invoices, and statements
- Ability to pay invoices with a credit card
- Ability to see open orders (what has already been ordered)
- Account delegation for a customer including purchase approval (master and subaccounts for the same company)
One More Thing
Did you happen to notice our logo? Yes, we’ve updated that too. We wanted to hold onto the spirit of the original logo, yet suggest the cutting-edge capabilities that Minneapolis Oxygen offers. We’ll always stay rooted in our heritage with personalized service, while embracing new technologies that help our customers grow and prosper.
Take a look around the site and let us know how we did. We’d love to hear from you!
Ps. I’ll be back every month to share my views and news about important topics. The next Gas Guy post is Welding Safety: What you need to know.